Professional Translator (certain language pairs)
Are you looking for flexible and remote work opportunities aside from your full-time work? Are you currently holding or pursuing a college degree from an English-speaking country? If so, we'd like to talk to you!
At Associated Consulting Services (ACS), we are a team of professionals who provide translation and interpretation to businesses, governments and researchers. It is our mission to help our customers overcome language and cultural barriers and save their time by offering high-quality and accurate translations.
- Translate documents in a language pair
- Edit or proofread documents in a language pair
- Work closely with translation managers to deliver quality work
- Ensure timely turnaround of translation projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- Currently hold or purse a college degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral) in an English-speaking country
- Experience in technical writing (e.g. technical reports, academic papers) in both working languages
- Experience with document translation, preferably in a technical area (e.g. science and engineering, medical, pharmaceutical, or others)
- Attention to detail, ability to follow instructions, and a strong preference for quality over quantity
- Excellent communication and follow-through
- Punctual, reliable, proactive and organized
This is a great freelance (independent contractor) opportunity if you are looking for flexible and remote work opportunities aside from your full-time obligations. As an independent contractor, you work remotely from anywhere with a reliable internet connection. You set your own availability and determine the right workload. Compensation is dependent on the level of difficulty, length and the specific client of each project.
Please apply only if you fit the above requirements and translate one of the following language pairs:
- Chinese and English
- Chinese and Japanese
- Japanese and English